Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The next step...

Hannah's physical therapist has told us that he wants to go ahead and get Hannah in leg braces. They will be AFO braces (which I had to google after Matt told me because I had no idea what they were...). He says they will help to stabilize her and get her stand up straight and hopefully walk all on her own! I'm so excited and anxious about this next step. I don't think the braces will be uncomfortable but we will have to hope that she WANTS to wear them! We've already been thinking up ideas on that end... i.e. a new pair of shoes, letting her decorate them with stickers, and really talking them up like it's a huge deal (which it is!).

1 comment:

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Hello, it has been a while. I hope you are all doing well. I wish the very best for both of your little girls. I hope that your little Hannah adjusts to her leg braces and that all of this therapy helps her development progress.

It sounds like the girls have loads of fun together. My kids watch the PBS Sprout cartoon channel most of the time, but they like Yo gabba gabba too. LOL.

We celebrated our twins' 2nd birthday on Feb. 28. They love Caillou, Dragon Tales, and Kipper. They are learning letters, numbers and new words all the time. They love coloring, blowing bubbles and playing with toy cars. We are grateful that they are both healthy and growing.
Big hugs.