Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yea for "real" food! and other thoughts...

We have slowly been introducing Hailey and Hannah to stage one baby foods.  (Remember, their adjusted age is just over 4 months!) They have been doing great!  We have tried all of the orange/yellow veggies now... squash, carrots, sweet potatoes... and applesauce.  They really like applesauce mixed with baby oatmeal!  We have only done sweet potatoes once so we still have to make sure there are no allergies but so far so good!  Next we are going to try the green veggies and then more fruit! Today my little piggies ate squash AND rice cereal for lunch!  

It's so amazing how quickly they have grown...  Well, I guess it's not really that fast, just the fact that the time has FLOWN by and before I know it they will be a year old!  The other day I realized that it was this time a year ago that I had just found out I was pregnant and didn't even know it was twins.  WOW.  Today I was shopping with my mom for fall clothes for the girls and honestly I think I came close to crying when I saw the newborn outfits and how tiny they looked!  And now here I am buying 9 month sizes that they should be able to wear when it starts cooling down.  It doesn't seem like so long ago that preemie clothes were big on them, let alone newborn sizes!  Oh, they are growing so (too??) fast!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for new foods!! It is so much fun introducing all the new stuff. We had barely cereal for the first time yesterday, the boys seem to really love it.

It is hard moving to new sizes in clothes. *hugs*